The Geissburger Portable Cider Press visited our Farm today to press and flash pasteurize, fresh apple cider. The cider is in a sealed bag with an air tight pouring spout, packaged into a box. This Apple Cider is shelf stable for 1 year, unopened, and up to 3 months, once opened. Cider boxes are available in our Farm Market in 3L $14.95 and 5L $17.95 sizes.
We are closed for the season. Thank you for your patronage. We hope you have a good winter, and we look forward to seeing you in late May or early June.
The Garage, our outdoor sales area, is closed for the season. Sweet corn is sold in our Farm Market, and Husking is available outdoors, in the husking station, next to the Garage.
Service animals are welcome in our Market. Please be sure to have them leashed and properly identified. We do not permit animals in our shopping carts. Thank you for your cooperation.
When you visit us, please bring your own reusable shopping bags or bins. If you forget, you can purchase bags at $0.10 per plastic shopping bag, and $0.45 per paper shopping bag.
Together, we can reduce our use of plastic.
Contact free curbside pickup is available for those who choose to order online.
1. Chose the products you would like. We have tried to showcase many of the products that are available in our Market, on our online store. There is a $3 curbside fee per order. There is a minimum order amount of $60. Orders under $60 are subject to a $5 fee. Upon checkout, you will receive an email with your order details, along with an approximate price.
2. For convenience, in the first page of a product, you can simply click Add to Cart to add one item of this product to your cart. The page then stays open for continued shopping on this page. If you wish to purchase more than one, or if you require more details about the product, such as size or more description, please click on the product name or photo, and a secondary page will provide this information to you. On it, you can arrow up to order more than one item, and then click Add to Cart. There is also a Continue Shopping option, which will take you back to the main products menu.
3. We are all about freshness, so we will only pick your order shortly in advance of your preselected pick up time. Freezer and cooler items will be kept frozen and refrigerated until your arrival. You will be sent an email, with your exact total, at least 1 hour prior to pick up.
4. We will do our best to have all of the items you select, but due to seasonality and supply, some products may not be available. We will not be substituting for unavailable products.
5. Weekly Produce Boxes are available by ordering through curbside only. Produce boxes are $40. The $3 curbside fee is added, but the minimum fee charge for orders under $60 will be waived.
6. Select the date and time when you would like to collect your groceries from our Curbside team. Throughout our season, we will be offering curbside on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please remember that if you are selecting baking from Anna Mae’s in Millbank, they deliver on Mondays, and Wednesdays, therefore, please select a pick up time on one of these days to ensure freshness and availability.
7. When you arrive at our Farm, please park in one of the designated Curbside Pickup parking spaces, on the East side of our Farm Market, and text or call 548 883 7576 to tell us your curbside spot #, and your 4 digit order number. Payment is made at time of pickup with wireless debit/credit machines. It is contactless, as you can tap through the window of your vehicle. Open your trunk and we will deliver your groceries.
For those considering a future employment opportunity with us, before you tell us more about yourself, we would like to acquaint you with our business. We are a seasonal family business, open daily June to October 31, with weekends and holidays being our busiest times. We hire both full and part time employees who are available for our season. We will begin receiving applications for our 2023 season in February, and the deadline for submission is April 1.
We are looking for responsible, friendly, and motivated employees who could capably work in a team environment for the entirety of our season. All employees must have strength to do heavy lifting (15kg).
The Field – Field tasks include hoeing, weeding, picking strawberries, sweet corn, spinach, cucumbers, pumpkins, and other produce, as well as grounds maintenance. Itrequires outdoor, strenuous, physical work; the strength to lift up to 25 kg; and freedom from severe pollen allergies.
The Market – Our market has 3 main departments: Cash, Bakery and Produce. Bakery and Produce employees are also fully trained cashiers, ready to assist on cash whenever needed, but primarily responsible for tasks in the Bakery or Produce departments. As noted, strength for heaving lifting is required in all our work.
If you wish to work with us, please complete our employment application form and submit it to us online at email@example.com, or by making an appointment to submit in person. Thank you for your interest!
In Waterloo Region, our farm is known for our fresh from the field sweet corn. It is our signature product. We grow over 120 acres of sweet corn and pick it fresh daily, because freshness makes the difference!
We grow yellow and bicolour varieties that fall into two main classifications:
Sugary Enhanced: sweet & tender (20-30% sugar content) Best eaten fresh!
Gourmet Sweet: very sweet & tender (30-50% sugar content) Can be refrigerated for up to a week.