P. Y. O. Strawberries
Our Pick Your Own Strawberry patch is open June 16 and 17 8-1
Friday June 18 regular hours commence: Monday to Friday 8-6:30, Saturday 8-5, Sunday 9-5. If we are picked out, the field will close.
This year, to promote the wellbeing of our community, and in adherence with the guidelines established by local and provincial authorities, in our PYO strawberry patches we will:
- Ask customers to complete a wellness self assessment prior to arriving at our PYO fields ( https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ ) and to stay home if they do not pass the assessment.
- Ask all customers to drive to our PYO field, and park in the designated parking spaces.
- Have one-direction foot paths for customers to enter and return from the field. (All PYO customers must be able to walk at least 1 km, as some rows are a distance from the parking lot.)
- Charge by volume to reduce points of contact between customers and customer service staff in the field.
- Allow customers to purchase and pick into either a1.5 L basket for $7, or a 3L basket for $14 or a standardized 5.6 L pail for $28. Return customers may reuse any of these standardized containers on subsequent visits.
- Charge each customer (over the age of 14) for a minimum of one basket or pail of strawberries, to enter the patch.
- Expect children to stay with their family unit at all times, and pick only in their assigned row.
- Encourage all customers to practice proper sanitation. Hand sanitizer will be offered at the entrance to and the exit from the field.
- NOT permit sampling or eating in the field. Anyone eating will be asked to leave the farm, and a refund will not be given.
- Assign rows to customers, and operate a flag system to indicate where one customer has finished picking and the next customer should begin. Customers may pick only in their row, and not from the adjacent rows.
- Not allow pets on the farm.
We thank you for adhering to these guidelines. Any guests to our farm not respecting them may be asked to leave and a refund will not be given.
PYO location: 1231 and 1264 Erb’s Road, St. Agatha. Look for the large roadside sign at either location to know where we are offering PYO for that day.